Oh my goodness, the toasted vanilla shaken espresso is truly a delight for the senses! The flavor profile of this drink is truly exceptional. The toasted vanilla adds a warm, comforting depth to the rich, bold espresso, while the shaking of the ingredients creates a velvety smooth texture. Each sip is a symphony of flavors and textures, culminating in an indulgently satisfying experience. I can’t get enough of this heavenly concoction – it’s simply divine!
Skip down to the recipe
A toasted vanilla shaken espresso is a type of coffee drink that is made by shaking together espresso, toasted vanilla syrup, and ice. The ingredients are typically combined in a cocktail shaker and then poured over ice to serve. The result is a refreshing, flavorful drink that has a creamy texture and a sweet, vanilla taste.
Toasted vanilla syrup is made by infusing vanilla beans into a simple syrup and then toasting the mixture to create a deeper, more complex flavor. Shaking the ingredients together with ice helps to create a frothy, creamy texture and also helps to evenly distribute the flavors. Toasted vanilla shaken espresso can be enjoyed as a standalone drink or can be used as a base for other coffee drinks, such as lattes or cappuccinos.
Toasted Vanilla Shaken Espresso Recipe
Here’s a recipe for a homemade version of Starbucks’ Toasted Vanilla Oatmilk Shaken Espresso:
- 1 1/2 ounces espresso
- 1/2 cup oat milk (or any milk of your choice)
- 1-2 tablespoons vanilla syrup (homemade or store-bought)
- Start by brewing 1 1/2 ounces of espresso. You can use an espresso machine, a stovetop espresso maker, or a pour-over method to make the espresso.
- Once the espresso is brewed, add 1/2 cup of oat milk (or any milk of your choice) to a blender or cocktail shaker.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of vanilla syrup to the blender or cocktail shaker. If you don’t have vanilla syrup, you can make your own by combining 1 cup of water, 1 cup of sugar, and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Remove the syrup from the heat and let it cool before using it in the recipe.
- Add a handful of ice to the blender or cocktail shaker.
- Pour the brewed espresso over the ice and close the blender or cocktail shaker.
- Shake the blender or cocktail shaker vigorously for 15-30 seconds, or until the drink is well combined and frothy.
- Pour the shaken espresso over ice and enjoy!
Note: You can adjust the sweetness of the drink by adding more or less vanilla syrup, or by using a sweeter or unsweetened milk. You can also add a splash of simple syrup or a sprinkle of cinnamon to give the drink a little extra flavor.
History of the Toasted Vanilla Shaken Espresso
It is not clear who specifically invented the toasted vanilla shaken espresso. The drink is likely a variation of other espresso-based drinks that have been popularized in coffee shops and cafes. It is possible that the toasted vanilla shaken espresso was created by a barista or coffee shop owner who wanted to offer a unique and flavored twist on a classic espresso drink. The exact origins of the toasted vanilla shaken espresso are not widely documented, so it is difficult to determine who first came up with the recipe.
Whomever you are, thank you. This delicious and unique blend of flavors has truly enhanced my coffee experience. The toasted vanilla adds a warm and comforting note, while the shaken espresso provides a burst of energy and richness. I am so grateful for this innovative and tasty beverage, and I can’t wait to try more creations from this talented and innovative creator. Thank you again for all of your hard work and dedication to bringing new and exciting flavors to the world of coffee.
Join Us & Save
Subscribe to the Crema Clique Rewards program email list for exclusive offers, insightful content, and an instant $50 off coupon for your first order!